Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena

Go down

[Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena Empty [Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Since Catlyn and djdj made a guide for mages and knights, I feel like I should make one as well so archers don't get left out Cool . I assume most archers have similar skill build as I do. This guide might not be as useful to those who chose a different route for skill building. From my experience, most battles are very repetitive; I apologize in advance if this guide is boring :l

My skill set: Lvl3 Arrow Strike, Lvl2 Multi-Shot, Lvl3 Scatter Shot, Lvl2 Lunatic Fire, Lvl2 Bloodthirsty Strike.

Bloodthirsty Strike does do slightly more damage than Arrow Strike, but only use it after Multi-shot and only if you have 35+ rage (so you can cast Multi-shot again immediately after). This is to ensure maximum damage output and using your skills efficiently.

vs Knights As usual, against anything, always start with Multi-shot to start stacking up the Battle Prowess passive and follow up with Arrow Strike. If the enemy knight casts shield or reflect damage in the 1st round, use Scatter Shot in the 2nd round instead of Arrow Strike to immediately cancel the buff. Since using Scatter Shot with QTE only costs 20 rage and shield/reflect damage costs 30 rage, you will gain a 10 rage advantage with the trade. Also, archers have a slight speed advantage over other classes, which enables you to attack twice in a row against a knight/mage if you cast your skills fast enough. Furthermore, If the enemy knight decides to not use shield/reflect damage in the 1st round, but instead cast it later, you will 100% be able to attack them twice before they use their skill (assuming you cast your skills fast enough) ; This is due to the delay they've built up by using those particular skills and the speed advantage archers have. As a result, this will force them to waste 30 rage in addition to the damage they will receive prior to the activation of their skill.

vs Mages: Mages are always difficult to deal with because of their aoe clear and their ability to deal direct damage to you from the beginning. There's no real solution to this and countering their fast troop clear is based on luck. After using Multi-shot in the beginning, follow up with Arrow Strike. If the skill happens to crit, then wait for the cooldown for Arrow Strike and use it again. You will gain 45 rage within 3 rounds which is enough rage to use Lunatic Fire to clear the enemy troop and deal damage to the mage. Normally, you would gain 10 rage back assuming you got at least 2 crits with Lunatic Fire. Follow up with Multi-shot, then arrow strike, Multi shot, Arrow Strike, etc. If your Arrow Stike did not crit at the 2nd round, then there's nothing much you can do other than Multi-Shot, Arrow Strike, Multi shot, Arrow Strike, etc. On the other hand, people usually like to use Arrow Strike from the beginning and until they have enough rage for Lunatic Strike. However, from my experience, using my method gives me a larger advantage in terms of speed and damage output instead of using Arrow Strike over and over again. Mages are fairly squishy and not very durable, so after clearing their troops, you should be fine until the battle ends.

vs Archers You have no speed advantage, or any rage advantage over another archer. It is completely dependent on your luck with crits and how fast you can smash your skill keys against an equally powered archer. All you can do is Multi-shot, Arrow Strike, Multi-shot, Arrow Strike, maybe Lunatic Fire to clear troops faster, Multi-shot, Arrow Strike etc.

Back to top Go down

[Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena Empty Re: [Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:26 pm

i didn't mean to type that much idk why i did.

Back to top Go down

[Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena Empty Re: [Game Tip] lvl50 Archer in solo arena

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 pm

you think im reading all that? im not even an archer. lol!
just jokin, great guide. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reyth Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 am

Gr8 post.
Reyth
Reyth

http://solodnd.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down