Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battleground Strategy

5 posters

Go down

Battleground Strategy Empty Battleground Strategy

Post  Reyth Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 am

I think this thread should have its own forum.

There is alot of frustration surrounding GB's especially at around level 40+. Someone needs to make a map like we have for the GB and discuss strategy tips based on that map. It should include the guardian spots and the divided crystal field.

I think we should all become familiar with psychological ways to overcome the stress of getting killed by higher level people so that we can maxmimize our earning in honor and BG shards.

I really need to have a map before I can post my brain dump, can someone make one like the one we have for the GB?
Reyth
Reyth

http://solodnd.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Battleground Strategy Empty Re: Battleground Strategy

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:28 pm

"Here at R2Games, as we start the process of converting over 1.5 for Wartune, we'll be releasing little hints and previews of what's to come on Fridays. This week we'll be looking at changes to one of the bigger daily PvP events: Cross-Server Battlegrounds

Cross-Server Battlegrounds

We've got lots of changes coming to the Battlegrounds, many requested by the players. However, to bring those requests to life, a larger pool of players was needed. As such, Battlegrounds will now be held across all servers. With having a larger group of players to pull from, we'll be able to implement one of the most requested items from players for the Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds will be divided by level, with players of level 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and level 70-80 fighting separately. In addition, we'll be adding more opportunities to allow players to access the Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds will run ten times a day, once an hour starting at 1:00 PM server time. Players are welcome to attend as many Battlegrounds as they wish, but will only be able to receive rewards for the first two attempts. After that, players will only receive Honor and Cross Server Points.

What are Cross Server Points you ask? Those will be needed in the Cross Server Battleground Rankings, where the best of the best will be able to win.... stuff. What kind of.... stuff? Wait and see! "

It will be less stressing soon santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:07 pm

this is going to encourage ppl to stop lvling up when they are near a "jump"

Back to top Go down

Post  Flashlyte Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 pm

yoakin wrote:this is going to encourage ppl to stop lvling up when they are near a "jump"

.. this.
plus with all those new 'prizes' .. ugh.
gonna hate 50-59 bg. :'(

Flashlyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevermora Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 pm

I am actually very excited about this! I hope it works out well. I wonder how many BG I can get into, lol.

Nevermora

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 pm

mvp 2 games in a row. bounce

Back to top Go down

Battleground Strategy Empty we need more statagy.

Post  KuroTakai Sat May 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Reyth wrote:I think this thread should have its own forum.

There is alot of frustration surrounding GB's especially at around level 40+. Someone needs to make a map like we have for the GB and discuss strategy tips based on that map. It should include the guardian spots and the divided crystal field.

I think we should all become familiar with psychological ways to overcome the stress of getting killed by higher level people so that we can maxmimize our earning in honor and BG shards.

I really need to have a map before I can post my brain dump, can someone make one like the one we have for the GB?

In gb i notice there are a lot of places that could be defended better. I think it would be more effective if we had some people literally form a wall along the two small paths that link directly to our tower. The glob around the tower method on it's own does nothing. People in faster mounts can always dodge around our tower guard force and can give slower people like me a hard time catching them in time. But if we have a person wall at the right locations then they won't be able to dodge around us.

We also should probably have better communication and a strategy well before a gb starts so everyone is not scrambling around trying to figure out what their doing. Also perhaps better understanding each persons strengths and weaknesses before had could help us find the most effective use of our team. For example you don't want somebody with low mdf trying to fight off mages. You also don't want a tank with low attack trying to break through the ranks of the enemy as those people would be best as our defense. Weak people like me would probably be better suited for slowing in coming attacks until the heavy's get to the location.

Regarding bg I recommend essentially the same idea of knowing your team. However the focus should be more on getting crystals if your weaker and if your strong enough then attacking/defending. But I think one thing people forget about is the 'team' part. In higher lvl bg people don't even talk to each other. I think it would be more helpful for everyone if there was the same planning in a bg as there is for a gb. People who are strong enough but not really seeking to fight people could at least help out weaker people by saving them from attacks, especially if those people are carting crystals back to base.

KuroTakai

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiljaedenas Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 am

I know I'm new with you guys but wanted to give my two cents on both bg and gb. I have earned the Road Warrior title at level 39 which is where my bg opinion comes from.

Guild Battle Tactics
-Usually only very strong (35K+ BR, ideally over 40K BR) players will be able to go toe to toe with the enemy sluggers over the four corner towers and defending our Ward, and they really should be the only ones who try.
-Lower level characters can take a corner tower if it is unprotected, but make sure it really is unprotected. A sneaky trick some defenders try to do is stay right at the outer edge of the tower's defend range which is out of view of the inner part of the lane, but when you go to grab the tower you'll be drawn into combat
-Lower level characters should ideally focus on nothing but mad dashes to the ward tower to hit it. Make sure you aim your mouse at open ground instead of an enemy character or you could draw yourself into a fight by accident. If the enemy team is defending their ward tower heavily, the best chance for the lower levels is to rush en-masse in a close cluster along the same path. The defenders ideally won't be able to stop all of you, and those that do get caught may be able to slow more than one enemy player at once allowing even more of your allies to get through.
-Keep an eye on your troop levels and buy more when you need to, the ward does consume them.
-The mass blitz rush is the only real way to counter a mob of base campers. If we're getting base camped heavily that means overall the enemy team is quite a bit stronger than ours so going toe to toe with them to break free isn't an option. Ideally have a small handfull of tougher characters all get into fights, preferably dragging at least three enemies each into them, and right when that happens everyone else rushes the enemy ward en-masse. This will take quite a bit of coordination, so pay attention to the Party or Guild chat channel.

Battleground Tactics
(Note, this is based primarily off a Mage but some of the tips can be used universally)
If you're going for the Road Warrior title, note that it only lasts one week. You have to keep re-earning it each week. To have a good chance at doing so you need to win ideally all of your 30 group arena rounds and get at least 40 kills each in both battlegrounds, every day. Good luck Smile.

Now for battleground tactics. Because of the extreme difference that clothes can make, I will make a With and Without Clothes section, and a Both section.

TIPS FOR BOTH
-Unless your BR is absolutely stupidly high because you pound intervention-level amounts of money into the game, never bring PvE (i.e. blacksmith-forged from Catacombs items) equipment into the BG or GB, or the Arena for that matter. They ALWAYS get profoundly crushed (and make me laugh when I see them).
-If you're heavily overpowered for your level it won't really matter when you join in
-If you are NOT heavily overpowered, the strong players are usually keeners and join early. The battlegrounds is broken up into 15 per side, so groups of 30 total. If you join in late, ideally with 1 minute or less on the pre-timer, it is likely you'll end up with weaker opponents
-The instant you join, check the Rankings list on the right and inspect every single enemy player. You will only be able to directly see the equipment of players on your server (and if you're going for cross server points, this is a good way of identifying the people you shouldn't bother with since you won't get any from them), but for others you will see an accurate BR and stat rating. Take careful note of anyone who will either trounce you or at the very least give you a long, hard fight and make a point to avoid them. If most of the enemy team can have you for lunch, well...you're buggered. No way around it. If you see this regularly, you should stop joining and build up your BR a tad, halting all XP gain in the process. If you're desperate for honor to unlock equipment and don't have access to guild battles, you'll just have to grind like hell grabbing crystals and accepting the fact that you will die A LOT. You will get honor even if your side loses, and even if you get fried six ways to Sunday if your side wins you get a larger chunk of honor, so it will be worth it in the end. Stop gaining XP though, of any kind, and build up.
-If you're getting your arse handed to you a lot, keep in mind two things: if you die several times repeatedly you get a Dryad's Blessing which is a % bonus to all your stats, and your Rage stocks up between fights, so if you get caught by someone you know you can't beat or even put a dent in their health, do nothing that costs Rage. Build it up as much as possible so that the next time you see them you have the Dryad Blessing boost and enough rage to open up with something rather nasty Smile
-If you're a lot stronger than most if not all of the enemy team, don't camp their base. Not only is it bad sportsmanship, but if you keep them stuck and afraid in their base you and your team will actually end up getting LESS kills and cross-server points, which you don't want. Let them all try to make runs on the crystal field, you'll catch a lot more that way.

WITHOUT CLOTHES
-If neither you or the opponent has clothes, this is one area that Mages reign supreme especially at level 39 unless you have a significantly higher BR than they do, for two main reasons: One, even without clothes but with an Arena set, a well built Mage can fire off an attack that will level all of your troops in one shot before any of them make a move. The archer and warrior simply cannot do this. If you're in the 30-39 grouping and you see an enemy mage with at least 7k magic attack, they can and will kill perfectly built level 39 griffins this way. So while you're still working through their troops, perhaps occasionally hitting the player if you're an Archer, they'll be focusing all on you. Second reason, mages can heal themselves quite effectively without having to use bg points so you are much less likely to encounter them heavily weakened. So try to avoid equal or better BR mages if at all possible.
-Tip specifically for level 39 Mages: At this level you can easily get Fire Rain to do more damage and cost less than Meteor. Get Fire Rain to level 4 and ideally equip an orange Will Destroyer at least at level 4, and learn the trick of launching skills with the QTE boost before troops can move.

WITH CLOTHES
-The amount of clothes you get will heavily affect your tactics and even your skill build. One thing is for sure, if you are not a Mage you need to get enough clothes so that you can always start a fight with enough Rage to fire off your AOE (lunatic fire for archers, whirlwind for warriors) on your first, or at the very least second move. If you don't get enough clothes for this, don't bother getting them in the first place. It won't make enough of a difference to be worth it.
-If you do have enough clothes to start every fight with your AOE, always make it your first move. You want to remove the enemy troops as quickly as possible, not because of the damage they can do to you but because of the damage they can take away from the enemy player. I had a few fights where some archer I was killing frequently built up enough rage to be able to start with their Delphic, directly attacked me, fired it off with their first move...and hit my troops instead. Much swearing ensued as I barbequed them Smile.
-The playing field is evened out a bit against Mages if you have enough clothes to start with an AOE, but Mages also become more dangerous with clothes as well. A single level 1 piece of clothing plus an Arena set is all they need to start every fight with the ability to use Heal, and smart Mages that are injured will specifically hunt down a weak opponent as a healing-dummy. The heal spell always targets the one with the least HP on your side, and your troops always start at full health so the spell will always target the injured Mage first. It can be cast before the enemy troops make a move, so Griffins won't have a chance to stun you and your troops shouldn't get injured before it fires (the spell could swap targets if it does). If the opponent is weak enough the Mage may even skip using strong attacks entirely and focus only on Lightning to build up rage to use the heal spell more than once within the fight.
-Enough clothes on a Mage can unlock the Fire Rain-Thunderer and Triple AOE builds. It takes enough clothes to start off with 55 rage (a level 2 and two level 3's) and the Heart Elemental skill needs to be maxed, but with this a Mage will be able to fire off Fire Rain, then Meteor, then Fire Rain again against three opponents for brutal team-wide damage, or to do Fire Rain then Thunderer for a vicious one-two punch. Thunderer does Delphic-level damage to one target, so if you emptied the enemy's army in your first move with Fire Rain, well...you can guess the results (My character Shivani has this build Smile )

Last edited by Kiljaedenas on Wed May 22, 2013 8:17 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Continuing writing)

Kiljaedenas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down